What to Avoid
Eurostone is recommended for interior use only.
Although Eurostone tolerates moderately hot temperatures, it may be damaged by sudden extreme heat. This can cause thermal shock which may cause a crack and or discoloration. Therefore it is recommend that you avoid direct contact with hot items. Trivets or hot pads should always be used. It is also not advisable to place electric fry-pans, Kettles or woks directly on the stone surface for the same reasons, as poorly designed appliances may overheat.
Avoid Exposing your Eurostone surface to strong chemicals and solvents especially solvents that contain trichloroethane or methylene chloride (such as paint removers or strippers), abrasives and aggressive cleaning compounds like oven or grill cleaners, and chemicals with high alkaline levels.
Eurostone is not affected by solutions of most common acids, common household solvents and cleaners. However, Eurostone models containing mother-of-pearl should not be exposed to strong acids. This natural product (mostly Calcium Carbonate) is softer than Quartz and may react with acids. Acidic foods such as lemon, tomato juice, vinegar, red wine, yogurt etc. should be wiped off as quickly as possible. Pure concentration of Acetone and Mineral Spirit can safely be used to clean Eurostone surfaces.
Eurostone resists most common staining agents. Iodine, Potassium Permanganate, blue ink, permanent markers may leave a residual mark which cleans off with chlorine bleach or soft scrub bleach.
EuroStone is extremely scratch resistant but not indestructible. Do not use as a cutting board.
Prev » Quartz Properties
Next » Jaipur